Because You will:
- Become a bilingual (English/Spanish) optometrist to serve the needs of the growing Hispanic population of the United States and the world.
- Have a great advantage to develop your practice and increase your work opportunities.
- Learn in a caring environment with relatively small classes so that you can ask questions and improve your learning.
- Know and share experiences in a rich multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment.
- Participate in unique clinical experiences in our system of five hospital satellite clinics and main primary eyecare clinic.
- Examine a patient population with a diversity of systemic and ocular conditions that will improve your clinical learning.
- Have access to counseling and tutorial services as needed.
- Practice primary eye care in state-of-the art facilities and equipment.
- Also practice in a system of specialty clinics such as pediatrics and infant’s vision, vision therapy, low vision, specialty contact lenses, prosthetic eyes and electrodiagnosis.
- Have the opportunity to choose and rotate in your senior year at several clinics and practices across United States, Puerto Rico and other countries.
- Be studying in an optometric institution fully accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and the Accreditation Council on Optometric Education.
- Enjoy the natural environment of a beautiful tropical island with many miles of beautiful beaches and mountains.
- Have the opportunity to enjoy sports and recreational activities all year-round
- Be a student of Inter American University, the largest private non-profit institution of Puerto Rico, with over 101 years of foundation.
Puerto Rico brings you the best of the Caribbean: over 270 miles of white-sand beaches, balmy temperatures throughout the year (we never get into the triple digits), tropical flavors and rhythms.
The School is located in Puerto Rico, a Commonwealth of the United States of America. All Puerto Ricans are American citizens. The banking, postal and judicial system, communications, international transportation and commerce are under US federal laws and regulations. The US dollar is the official currency. Both Spanish and English are official languages. All major American airlines connect US mainland cities to Puerto Rico. Tropical climate with average temperatures of 80º F in the coast and 70º F in the mountain region. Over 200 miles of beautiful beaches and the only rain forest within a US jurisdiction.
But did you know that, even among its fellow Caribbean islands, Puerto Rico stands out? Take a closer look at what makes our island special… even by Caribbean standards.Click Here for More Information