Phase 1: Application Process
Step 1: Requirements
Take a look to the Requisites
- 90 credits or more from an accredited university. These must include the following 54 credits as pre-requisites:
COURSE OR AREA MINIMUM NUMBER OF CREDITS General Biology 6 credits Microbiology 3 credits General Chemistry 6 credits Organic Chemistry 3 credits Calculus 3 credits General Physics 6 credits General Psychology 3 credits Statistics 3 credits English 6 credits Humanities 6 credits Social Sciences 6 credits Biochemistry 3 credits Total 54 credits
- 2.50+ General GPA (Grade Point Average)
- 2.50+ Requisite courses RGPA (Required Course work Point Average)
- 300 score or higher in the Academic Average of OAT test.
- Complete and send the Supplemental Application Form
- By mail: IAUPR School of Optometry (500 John Will Harris, Bayamón, PR 00957)
- By email: email@example.com
Step 2: Application
Complete your OptomCas Application
- Application Period: Application must be completed between July 1st of the previous calendar year and no later than May 31st of the calendar year for which admission is requested
- Official transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation (1-Professor and 1-Optometrist)
Step 3: Admission Test
Take the Optometry Admissions Test (OAT)
- The Optometry Admission Test (OAT) should be taken no later than July 1 of the calendar year for which the candidate requests admission. The candidate must request that the results of this test be sent directly to the OptomCas service.
Phase 2: Interview Process
Step 1: Appointment for Interview
An appointment is scheduled for your interview (in person or via Skype)
Step 2: Interview Preparation
The Committee explores the candidate’s strengths using five criteria:
- Concern for career objectives
- Knowledge of the profession
- Communication skills in English and Spanish
- Self- confidence
This is your opportunity to ask any questions you have about the program and the School. Be prepared!
Step 3: Admission Decision
Step 4: Reserve your Spot!
When admitted reserve your spot!
- Send your deposit: Credit Card Authorization Form or Money order.
Once a candidate is accepted, a $1,000.00 deposit is required within 15 days of acceptance to secure the seat. This deposit will be applied to the tuition fee. An administrative fee of $500.00 will be deducted from the acceptance deposit if a prospective student with an offer of admission
withdraws or declines his/her candidacy.
- Health Certificate and Vaccination
- Submit any other pending document.
Welcome! We can’t wait to meet you during Orientation Week!.
All programs of the University are authorized by both the Veterans’ Administration and the Department of Education of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. Veterans intending to enroll and receive VA educational benefits should submit an application through the Office of the Registrar of the Campus in which they intend to pursue studies.
- Foreign Students
Foreign students should direct their inquiries to the Campus they plan to attend. As part of the admissions requirement, Inter American University of Puerto Rico reserves the right to interview the applicants. If the applicants are approved for admission, the Admissions Office fills out the I-20 Form A from the Immigration and Naturalization Service, which enables them to obtain student visas.
- Transfer Students
Application for transfer
Students who discontinue studies for two semesters or more or two trimesters or more should request readmission at the Office of the Registrar of the Campus to which they seek admission. All requests should be made at least one month before the following enrollment period.
Students who have taken courses at another institution of higher learning should present official evidence of the credits taken. This evidence will be submitted to the appropriate office for evaluation.
Students readmitted will follow the School Catalog and the rules and regulations in effect at the time of their readmission.