- Complete all pending pre-requirements.
- Pass all courses comprising the curriculum for the degree of Doctor of Optometry, as specified in the catalog for the year in which the student enters the School, with an overall grade point average of 2.00 or better.
- Submit to the faculty advisor a publishable research manuscript which must also be approved by the Dean for Academic Affairs.
- Students must complete at least two years in residence at the Inter American University of Puerto Rico, School of Optometry.
- Receive all passing grades in fourth year, completed externship and in-house rotations before graduation date.
- Receive the recommendation of the faculty of the School after motion to that effect is passed by the faculty.
- Signed clearance and graduation documents. (If awarded financial aid in any academic period, an exit interview is required by the Financial Aid Office. You will find information at www.optonet.inter.edu, linking Financial Aid Process. Contact Ms. Lourdes Nieves at (787) 765-1915 ext 1021 if you need assistance.
- Pay graduation fee. All students are required to pay graduation fee, even if you do not attend the graduation ceremony.
- Students at Inter American University of Puerto Rico School of Optometry will be required to pass the Applied Basic Science Examination (ABS) of the National Board of Examiners in Optometry as a requisite to complete the degree of Doctor of Optometry.
Note: Graduation requirements as well as academic curricula and programs may change while students are registered at the University. Normally, these changes will not be applied retroactively, but students have the option of completing the new requirements. Nonetheless, when professional certifying or licensing agencies make requirement changes for the corresponding certification or license, the necessary changes to the curricula or programs will be applicable immediately. Students will be solely responsible for deciding if they wish to take the new courses.
If you have any questions please call Mrs. Luz M. Ocasio at (787) 765-1915 extension 1023.