What is counseling?
Is a professional relationship that empowers diverse individuals, families and groups to accomplish mental health, wellness, education, and career goals. (ACA Governing Council 2010)
Purpose of counseling
Empower the client to deal adequately with life situations, reduce stress, experience personal growth, and make well-informed, rational decisions.”
(U.S. Dept. of Human Services, Mental Health, United States, 2002)
- Individual Counseling
- Academic Counseling
- Tutoring Program
- Wellness Program
- Academic Adjustments (ADA Law)
- Set an individual appointment for orientation
Student life is a transitional period and can bring pressure and stress. We try to help students understand this period, find ways of coping with crises, and grow from their experiences.
You can contact your counselor if you need help with:
- Family Problems
- Communication Problems
- Enhance student engagement in the learning process.
- Orientation for Tutor Service
- Peer to peer tutoring
- Group tutoring
- Contact Counselor if you have difficulties with any course by the first two weeks of classes.
- Tutors are referred from the Instructor.
- Student and Tutor will set the time for the tutoring session.
- At the end of the service the participant have to complete a Survey. (This will helps us to improve the program)
What is wellness?
- Is defined as an active process through which people become aware of, and make choices toward, a more successful existence.
- Wellness is a process rather than a goal.
- It implies a choice, a way of life.
- It is positive and embraces people’s strengths. It promotes feelings of self-worth.
- It is holistic and encompasses the body, mind, and spirit.
- This program promotes health and prevents illness by creating awareness of health issues and encouraging healthy practices.
- We provide services by health professionals and certified Instructors that improve our quality of life in a professional and relaxing environment:
- HEALTH SERVICE: GENERAL MEDICINE DOCTOR ( ONE MONTHLY VISIT)