To gain access to the system please have the following ready:
- Bring your laptop / PDA / wireless device to the CIT Office. It is Office 160 on the 1st floor, 1st door to the left of the elevator. Only laptops and tablets/pda's are allowed on the wireless network. This is to avoid unnecessary congestion from other type of devices.
- Please have your laptop turned onready to work with. That helps avoid unnecessary delays for fellow students waiting to be attended. The wireless configuration takes less than 2 minutes.
- Have your antivirus enabled and up-to-date.
- Have your laptop updated (drivers, Windows Updates, etc.) before bringing it.
- If your laptop needs maintenance (defragmenting, virus-check, spyware cleaning, etc.) please make an appointment to schedule a time to work with it. Last-minute checks (unless it is an emergency situation) just creates delays for people already waiting for service.
- Remember that wireless access is governed by the School of Optometry Computer and Network Use policy. Any unauthorized or abusive use of the wireless / LAN network resources will result in the suspension of access to those services.
- Once your laptop / PDA / wireless device is configured, you do not need to bring it again unless you reinstall the device and need the wireless key configured again.