Wireless Access for the School of Optometry
The wireless system has been installed and configured thru the whole School of Optometry.
To gain access to the system please have the following ready:
- Bring your laptop / PDA / wireless device to the CIT Office. It is Office 160 on the 1st floor, 1st door to the left of the elevator. Only laptops and tablets/ PDA’s are allowed on the wireless network. This is to avoid unnecessary congestion from other types of devices.
- Please have your laptop turned on, ready to work with. That helps avoid unnecessary delays for fellow students waiting to be attended. The wireless configuration takes less than 2 minutes.
- Have your antivirus enabled and up-to-date.
- Have your laptop updated (drivers, Windows Updates, etc.) before bringing it.
- If your laptop needs maintenance (defragmenting, virus-check, spyware cleaning, etc.) please make an appointment to schedule a time to work with it. Last-minute checks (unless it is an emergency situation) just creates delays for people already waiting for service.
- Remember that wireless access is governed by the School of Optometry Computer and Network Use policy. Any unauthorized or abusive use of the wireless / LAN network resources will result in the suspension of access to those services.
- Once your laptop / PDA / wireless device is configured, you do not need to bring it again unless you reinstall the device and need the wireless key configured again.