Here you will find a listing of helpful websites related to optometric employment to assist our students, alumni, and other optometrists in Puerto Rico and abroad with their job search.
|National Matching Services for Optometry Residencies|
The School of Optometry of the Inter American University of Puerto Rico is pleased to post job offers and practices for sale for the benefit of our students, alumni, and other optometrists in Puerto Rico and abroad.
Please submit the information to be posted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The School assumes no responsibility for the content and/or accuracy of the listings received. We reserve the right to edit or refuse any submission. The job opportunities received will be posted within a week, free of charge for one (1) month in our webpage, after that; if the position is not filled, providers may request to repost the position.
Take a look to the Requisites
- 90 credits or more from an accredited university. It must include 54 credits in the following prerrequisites:
COURSE OR AREA MINIMUM NUMBER OF CREDITS General Biology 6 credits Microbiology 3 credits General Chemistry 6 credits Organic Chemistry 3 credits Calculus 3 credits General Physics 6 credits General Psychology 3 credits Statistics 3 credits English 6 credits Humanities 6 credits Social Sciences 6 credits Biochemistry 3 credits Total 54 credits
- 2.50+ General GPA (Grade Point Average)
- 2.50+ Requisite courses RGPA (Required Course work Point Average)
- 300 score or higher in the Academic Average of OAT test.
- Complete and send the Supplemental Application Form ( https://www.optonet.inter.edu/docs/supplementary_app_form.pdf)
- By mail: IAUPR School of Optometry (500 John Will Harris, Bayamón, PR 00957)
- By email: email@example.com
Complete your OptomCas Application https://www.optomcas.org
- Application Period must be fill out after July 1st of the previous calendar year and no later than May 31st of the calendar year in which admission is requested
- Official transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation (1-Professor and 1-Optometrist)
Take the Optometry Admissions Test (OAT) https://www.ada.org/en/oat
- The Optometry Admission Test (OAT) should be taken no later than July 1 of the calendar year for which the candidate requests admission. The candidate must request that the results of this test be sent directly to the OptomCas service.
Appointment for Interview (in person or via skype)
The Committee explores the candidate’s strengths using five criteria:
- Concern for career objectives
- Knowledge of the profession
- Communication skills in English and Spanish
- Self- confidence
This is an opportunity to ask any questions you have about the program and the school. Be prepare!
Reserve your spot!
- Send your deposit: Credit Card Authorization Form (https://www.optonet.inter.edu/docs/credit_card_form.pdf) or Money order
- Health Certificate and Vaccination https://www.optonet.inter.edu/docs/health_certificate_and_vaccination_form.pdf
- Submit any other pending document.
Welcome! We can’t wait to meet you on The Orientation Week.
All programs of the University are authorized by both the Veterans’ Administration and the Department of Education of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. Veterans intending to enroll and receive VA educational benefits should submit an application through the Office of the Registrar of the Campus in which they intend to pursue studies.
- Foreign Students
Foreign students should direct their inquiries to the Campus they plan to attend. As part of the admissions requirement, Inter American University of Puerto Rico reserves the right to interview the applicants. If the applicants are approved for admission, the Admissions Office fills out the I-20 Form A from the Immigration and Naturalization Service, which enables them to obtain student visas.
- Transfer Students
Application for transfer (que abra el PDF de este link https://www.optonet.inter.edu/docs/transfer_application.pdf)
Students who discontinue studies for two semesters or more or two trimesters or more should request readmission at the Office of the Registrar of the Campus to which they seek admission. All requests should be made at least one month before the following enrollment period.
Students who have taken courses at another institution of higher learning should present official evidence of the credits taken. This evidence will be submitted to the appropriate office for evaluation.
Students readmitted will follow the School Catalog and the rules and regulations in effect at the time of their readmission.
Fernando L. Acosta
Director of Student Services and Financial Aid
Extension – 2567
Dra. Iris Cabello
Dean for Students Affairs
Extension – 2567