- Primary eyecare optometry in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Fellowship, Primary Care Optometry, Inter American University of Puerto Rico, School of Optometry, 1991.
- Optometry Doctor, Inter American University of Puerto Rico, School of Optometry, 1990.
RECENT COURSES TAUGHT/CLINICAL INSTRUCTION
- Director of Cidra IIO/Cossma Clinic, 2013- present.
- Primary care optometry, including soft contact lenses fitting, comprehensive eye examination from 5-year-old of age and up, dilated fundus examination, glaucoma evaluation including pachymetry, threshold visual fields, and optic nerve/macula oct.
Dr. Luis Lugo Ortiz completed a doctorate in optometry from the Inter-American University of Puerto Rico, School of Optometry, and a fellowship in Primary Care Optometry. Dr. Lugo works as Primary Care optometrist at Cidra’s Clinic of the IAUPR, School of Optometry, COSSMA Clinic.