TEACHING/ RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Cornea and Contact Lenses
- Primary Eye Care
- Fellowship, Primary Eye Care IAU of PR School of Optometry, 1989-1990.
- Optometry Doctor IAU of PR School of Optometry, 1985-1989.
- Pre-Med School University of Puerto Rico Mayaguez Campus, 1981-1985.
RECENT COURSES TAUGHT/ CLINICAL INSTRUCTION
- August 2005-August 2009 Department of Patient Care Director
- August 1998-Present Contact Lens Services Director
- 1997-Present Basic Contact Lens Lecture
- 1997-Present Advanced Contact Lens Lecture
- 1994-1998 Primary Eye Care Lab.
- 1996 Basic Contact Lens Lab.
- August 1998-Present Contact Lens Specialty Clinic
- August 1995- Present Primary Care Clinic
- Rio Piedras, Caguas Community Hospitals
PUBLICATIONS, POSTERS, AND PRESENTATIONS
- IAUPR Clinical Workshop, February 2014 “Corneal Topography”.
- Contact Lens Symposium, March 2012 “Update on CL’s for Presbyopia and Astigmatism” “Lifestyle Dispensing and DD lenses”.
- Optometric Congress, December 2011 “Mini Scleral & Scleral Lenses”.
- Congress of the Americas, October 2008 “Gas Permeable Lens Fitting” Basic Diagnostic Techniques and Advance Diagnostic Techniques.
- Puerto Rico Optometric Congress, September 2003 “New Trends in Keratoconus Fitting”.
- Pedro Enrique Ureña University Congress, April 2001 Dominican Republic, “Basic Contact Lens Fitting”.
Books and Articles
- GP Lens Case Grand Rounds Troubleshooting Guide Spherical lenses: Poor Acquired Vision
- AOCLE Living Library Giant Papillary Conjunctivitis
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL DISTINCTIONS
- August 1996-Present Association of Optometric Contact Lens Educators (AOCLE).
- May 1990-Present “Colegio De Optómetras de Puerto Rico”.
Awards & Recognition
- Professor of the Year Award IAUPR Class of 2012, 2013, 2016, 2020
- Optometrist of the Year Colegio de Optómetras de Puerto Rico (2007)
- Recognition on Teaching Effectiveness Inter American University of PR School of Optometry (2004)
- Recognition for Outstanding Professor Dedication of Commencement Ceremony Class 2002
- Recognition on Teaching Effectiveness Inter American University of PR School of Optometry (2002)
- Recognition for Outstanding Professor Dedication of Commencement Ceremony Class 1999
- Student’s Affairs Office Recognition Distinguish Work in School Community (1999)
- Dedication of Student Convention IAU Student Council (1998-99)
- Recognition for Institution Service Distinguish Work as President of Academic Senate, Inter American University of PR (1998)
- Award for Clinical Excellence Clinical Excellence in the area of Allergic Eye Disease, Contact Lenses and Pathology (1989)
- Allergan Clinical Excellence Award Clinical Excellence in the area of Contact Lenses (1989)
Dr. Conde is a graduate of the IAUPR School of Optometry. He completed a Fellowship in Primary Care Optometry from IAUPR. After the completion of the Fellowship he started working as a Clinical Instructor and in the Primary Care Labs. In 1995, became full time faculty and started teaching the Contact Lens courses. He became interested in Contact Lens related topics and was appointed Chief of the Specialty Contact Lens Clinic. His area of Interest is Cornea and Contact Lenses, especially in the area of irregular corneas and myopia control. He is certified in Refractive and Therapeutic Lasers for the Anterior Segment from the TLC Continuing Education Foundation and in Corneal Refractive Therapy (CRT) from Paragon Vision Sciences. He is a member of the Association of Optometric Contac Lens Educators (AOCLE). He is also the coordinator of Primary Care Labs 1,2,3 and 4. He had lectured in Contac Lens Topics for the Puerto Rico Optometric Association (COPR) and IAUPR Continuing Education Program.