- Clinical instructor
- Clinical Ground Rounds
- Incidence of retinal disease in PR’s pediatric population
- Exophthalmometry values in PR’s population
- Doctor in Optometry from Inter American University of Puerto Rico School of Optometry (1989-1993)
- Bachelor’s Degree major in Biology from University of Puerto Rico Rio Piedras Campus, Cum Laude (1984-1989)
RECENT COURSES TAUGHT / CLINICAL INSTRUCTION
- 2008 to present: Director of Caguas Satellite Clinic
PUBLICATIONS, POSTERS, AND PRESENTATIONS
- Presentation: “Seguridad en el empleo”: 2013
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL DISTINCTIONS
- Clinical Affairs Committee 2009 to present
- IAUPRSO: Senator since 2008
- Admission Committee: secretary: 2016
- IAUPR: University Council 2011-2012: secretary: Students Affairs Committee
- 2016 Member of the American Optometric Association.
- 1993- present Member of the “Colegio de Optómetras de Puerto Rico”
- Member of the Honor Society of Biology BBB, University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus, 1986-1989.
“Parroquia Nuestra Señora de la Providencia”:
- Parish Pastoral Council Coordinator
- Group of Ushers Coordinator
- Coordinator of the Liturgy Committee
- Coordinator of the Activities Committee.
- Coordinator of “Caritas Parroquial”
- Coordinator of the spiritual enrichment circle since 2014, of the “Hijas Católicas de las Américas, Corte Santa Teresa de Jesús”.
- Member of “Caritas de Puerto Rico”, which in turn is part of “Caritas Internacionales”.
Catholic non-profit organization that provides humanitarian assistance to nearly 200 countries around the world.
- “Hijas Católicas de la Américas Corte Santa Teresa de Jesús” 1933; member since 2014.
Dr. Nilda Lorente Torres completed a Doctorate in Optometry from the Inter American University of Puerto Rico, School of Optometry. Member of the Committee of Clinical Affairs, American Association of Optometry, and of the “Colegio de Optómetras de Puerto Rico”. She is currently Director of the Caguas Satellite Clinic of the Inter American University of Puerto Rico, School of Optometry.