Wireless Access for the School of Optometry
The wireless system has been installed and configured throughout the whole School of Optometry.
To gain access to the system please have the following ready:
- Bring your laptop / PDA / wireless device to the CIT Office. It is Office 160 on the 1st floor, the 1st door to the left of the elevator. Only laptops and tablets/PDAs are allowed on the wireless network. This is to avoid unnecessary congestion from other types of devices.
- Please have your laptop turned on, and ready to work with. That helps avoid unnecessary delays for fellow students waiting to be attended. The wireless configuration takes less than 2 minutes.
- Have your antivirus enabled.
- Working hours are 8 am-5 pm Monday to Friday
- Remember that wireless access is governed by the School of Optometry Computer and Network Use Policy. Any unauthorized or abusive use of the wireless / LAN network resources will result in suspending access to those services.
- Once your laptop / PDA / wireless device is configured, you do not need to bring it again unless you reinstall the device and need the wireless key configured again.